Tuesday, November 17, 2009

seguro


<------possibly some of the ones who got me sick

I went to the doctor yesterday.
Building number 21.

As I walk down the street, I pass 19, and find 23. I trace back again to 19, and proceed again to 23. No 21. But in 21's hypothetical presence is a cavernous opening of a building with no lights or signs, and electric wires hanging out everywhere. In their stead are painters smoking cigarettes and talking to each other while not looking at what they were painting. I ask them if this could possibly be building 21, and surely enough they made it seem as though I should have known that.

This is not usually a good way to walk into a doctors' office, or building at that. So I am sick, just woke up, and am feeling confused enough as it is. Then I get the pleasure of a doctor who looks like a used car salesman and talks like one too. I couldn't hear very well and asked him to repeat himself many times after he quickly mumbled things at me. These things consisted of the antibiotics he was prescribing me that apparently were light and smooth and didn't kill very much bacteria as I gathered. I told him I normally didn't take antibiotics and he said something like well I'll just throw your medical card away. I don't know if thats what he said, or if it was a joke, but I just wanted him to be quiet because I was obviously not terribly ill. I told him I'd take them and call him if I got worse. Now I am on amoxicilina and advil. It makes me feel kind of silly. At least I can enjoy that if not go out on the town.

It seems that If I DO get sick, its these little 3 day virus/bacterial things and nothing serious.
At least I don't have Gripe A.

No comments: