Saturday, December 26, 2009

Los Babas


There is a bar in Logroño called Biribay that constantly hosts local bands and free performances. Every once in a while there will be a small cover, such as last night, when Los Babas played. I can definitely say that it was worth 3 euros as I was laughing hysterically and chanting strange choruses the whole while. This band called Los Babas was comprised by 2 ridiculous dudes in some seriously classy getup, who had a style that can be described as Death From Above 1979's Spanish cousins of funk-in my words, and absolutely not official. The drummer had a headset microphone and was constantly howling into it to imitate guitar solos and recounted absurd stories which were actually the verses of each song. The bassist had a fireworks show of dookie dreads sprouting from his head and played a pink battle ax of a bass that was being augmented by a plethora of pedals that I could never understand. This band was magical and had the entire bar packed from door to stage, but Marta and I had manage to wiggle our way to the very front. The duo changed outfits halfway through the show-this is to say that they switched out of pink felt tracksuits that were as tight as possible, into even tinier pink booty shorts and chest hair baring shirts. Not only did these guys rock, but they were very funny and entertained the crowd in between songs as well as during them.

I could not load a video because it was too big :(







2 comments:

wild at heART said...

"I could not load a video because it was too big :("
-> That's what she said.

T said...

I miss TWSS. No one says it here but me, and it´s really kind of to myself...
¨Es lo que ella dijo¨ - just doesn´t have quite the same ringazing.