Monday, September 7, 2009

La bicicleta

Mounting a bicycle and cruising around is, hands down, just plain fun. Whether for recreation or just standard transit, the practicality behind this wonderful machine gears for much fun to be had. You can beat these poor bipedals into the ground, and more often than not, they won't let you down.
Sadly, I found out the hard way that the human body, in all its fleshy greatness, is just not made to be thrown about like its two-wheeled friend. Bikes dont slump into a mire of depression after they've broken their collar bones. Nor do they take 6 weeks until they can do things like carry pizzas around some whack corporate restaurant.
Alas. The bike has won. And I will respect it by continuing my prolonged use of this great invention. I hope that upon arriving in Spain I will find a dope apartment that is near everything wonderful. But more importantly, I hope to find a used Spanish road bike to aid me in daily commute. Lets hope that I won't throw myself off this bike.

No comments: