Thursday, January 21, 2010

piggy bank


I´m going to break mine and buy some plane tickets right now to Amsterdam. Then spend the next 2 months hoarding canned food, bread, rice, and lunchmeat. As I sit in the dark combining all of these things into some banefully edible concoction, I will make sure to turn off the heat to save even more. All of this self inflicted suffering will be so I can buy and break a new piggy bank when I go to Amsterdam, and visit some other cities around Spain in the weeks to come. I am childishly excited about the non-plans that I have in the Netherlands ; typically I´ll find myself waiting until the last days to make my ¨plans¨, or surrounding myself with people who just don´t make plans, but this time I am going to make some killer plans. I´ve found you can save almost 30-40% on train and bus prices in Spain if you buy your ticket at least a few weeks ahead of time. The nomenclature of said prices and tickets is displayed quite obviously on the web sites, but I am often too late to even see them or have the opportunity to see them.


By the way, I am going to stay in Spain for another year, and don´t really see myself changing location either since my school is great and the teachers are too. The end of March is going to kick ass. Plain and simple. Until then it´s hard work, or the idea of it, and getting more private classes to increase my funds. It´d be nice if I could get some government subsidized housing that had a pool, weightroom, and game room.

Oh to dream...

No comments: