Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Confundido



The heart of winter is approaching and as is typical, these become some of the hardest months. Countless thoughts flood my head constantly about inumerous themes, and not an answer remains after negotiating with myself. With my sharp banged city-guide, companion and more gone to the beaches, I have to take more initiative to encounter the art and night life that was once placed at my feet. I wish there was a middle road availiable to combine these facilities and not leave me wandering around alone after giving my private classes, or for an after dinner cigarette. I think that middle road is called time and patience


Last night left me the victim of insomnia after experimenting with my ¨persianas¨, or large metal shudders that cover my window so tightly and effectively that, when lowered to their full extent, they turn my room into a nocturnal lair of snooze. The doldrums that result from this darkness are absolutely ridiculous and change the abstract philosophy of time altogether. I can wake up at 8am or 2pm with these things down, and it will appear the same ¨time¨from my bed. They are awfully dangerous and because of this I decided to attempt sleeping with them all the way up last night. After having slept with them down for the past couple of months, I was not used to having obnoxious pink street light pouring through my window, and was forced awake like Kramer on the episode of Seinfeld when the Kenny Roaster opens next to his apartment.


So now I am tired as balls, left my coffee in the microwave, only had a mandarin for breakfast, and am plagued by all sorts of old and new thoughts. I need to go run a few miles or something.


Mr.Marbles????

No comments: