Saturday, October 17, 2009

La Musa



I have found funk to be one of the greatest genres ever. This is not to be confused with some newfound thought manifesting itself for the first time in my mind, but rather a recent realization. Compared to bad Spanish house music, or perhaps bad Spanish pop/rock, I can easily say that James Brown, or even newer affiliates such as Jamiroquai head to the top of T’s charts much quicker. A bar close by called La Musa hosts funk every night, as far as I am concerned, and offers a small dance floor filled with older Spaniards who languidly thrash their bodies about and phonetically mouth words to songs that they do not understand. The funniest part about this bars’ two floors of entertainment exists on its second floor. Downstairs is good music and a mixed crowd, whereas the second floor is home to flashing lights and awful techno which fuels the gay bar that it really is. I normally go with my friend Chris, from Chicago, and other hand-picked folks from around Logrono. Some good photos should come up soon of our unparalleled dance moves.

Aside from L-town business, I have decided to go to Oviedo next weekend to see my friends Collin and Mary. There are apparently some city-wide parties or celebrations that weekend, and friends make the whole trip worthwhile nonetheless. I am very excited to get out of Logrono on my first weekend trip, and am leaning towards San Sebastian on the following weekend. I hope to indulge in some of the Spanish beaches before it is far too cold to attempt any form of beach trip.

The weather has already turned here, and the once green verdant leaves on the trees outside my balcony are already wilting and losing their ability to keep up with the temperature. A scarf and sweater are currently necessary. I can’t wait to see snow for the first time in Spain

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I left for class today in Charlotte, it was 36 degrees. It's getting colder here as well, a little unseasonably so... That funk/discoteca/gay bar sounds pretty cool, I desperately want to visit you and go there!

T said...

love and joy indeed.
jessica: you who do not have a profile are therefore unknown. which jessica are you? I've couches