Tuesday, October 6, 2009

bologna bocadillos


Walking from Logroño to La Laboral sucks. Big time. I found out the hard way tonight that the buses in Logroño stop running at MOTHER FUCKING 10:30 at night. Now; if I had found an apartment by now this would not have been a problem, however, this is not the case. I just walked from the center of L-town all the way here, and it was a solid hour + walk. I even attempted to hitch a ride with my wonderful genetically prone hitching thumb. This yielded no gain. A woman slowed down once, and put her blinker on. That was a total tease, and as I ran towards her car, I realized that she was only pulling into her gated house.

I had left my memory card in the computer, so, no photos. My Ipod was in my room, so, no music. My water bottle was empty and I was quite thirsty. *Some guy is blowing the shit out of his nose in a bathroom somewhere near me, and definitely not into a tissue. Anyways: the whole time that I am walking back I am thinking, “Well Thomas you’ve gotten this far, but what if the school is locked?” Well, it was. I had to jump the gate to get in. Thinking past this, long before I arrived, I thought “What if the residence is locked and your key does not open the main doors?” Well, that was not the case, thank God. I eased in the door to unload my stress on the security guard, who thought it was funny and of course said “no te preocupes” (don’t worry about it). After putting my key incorrectly in a few wrong doors in the dark, no doubt scaring a couple of sleeping students, I flopped down for this wonderful session.

Now I sit, staring at this delicious bologna bocadillo that has been sitting in my room for some 8 hours, deciding whether or not I want to eat it.

Great

(btw this was not even late, and I had not been drinking)

1 comment:

martabeceiro said...

esta historia me suena...
qué pena que no sigas en la residencia para contarnos tus anécdotas...

un saludo!!!